As an anaesthetist, keeping up with CPD requirements, especially self-reviews, can be daunting. Where to begin? Zento simplifies this process with comprehensive post-op patient surveys. This little-known service is integrated into our anaesthetic billing and practice management services. Let’s explore how this works.
Anaesthetic private practice services
A comprehensive solution for anaesthetists
Zento is best known for medical billing and its practice management services. What is little known is how Zento goes the extra mile to make your administration a breeze.
An example of this is our integration of postoperative surveys. These questionnaires are sent to each of your patients, straight after their procedure. As a result, you get real-time feedback that is needed to meet ANZCA’s CPD requirements.
ANZCA’s CPD program
As you probably know, the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) updated its Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program to an annual, hours-based structure. It runs from 1 January to 31 December each year.
The program aims to ensure excellent patient care in Australia and New Zealand by mandating participation in various CPD activities. These activities fall into several categories, one of them being practice evaluation. As an anaesthetist or pain medicine physician, you must document and provide evidence that you have asked your patients to give feedback on your services.
Zento’s postoperative surveys are more than just questionnaires. They are important to understand your patients’ experiences and expectations.
Zento’s post-op survey structure
Zento’s post-op surveys are designed to cover all aspects of patient interaction and medical care. The aim is to give you a 360-degree overview of your anaesthetic private practice from the patients’ perspectives.
We ask patients to rate their satisfaction on two fronts.
- Their interaction with you
- Their interaction with your admin team
Their interaction with you
- Pre-surgery communication: Questions assess how well patients’ enquiries were addressed by you prior to their surgery and whether you explained the anaesthesia process in a clear way.
- Interaction with the anaesthetist: We ask whether you listened to the patients and if the patients felt rushed during their interactions.
- Anxiety management: For those who felt anxious before the surgery, we’ll ask how well their anxiety was managed.
- Post-surgery experience: We ask questions about post-surgery feelings, and the management of common postoperative issues like nausea, vomiting, pain, and physical discomforts like being cold or shivering.
- Overall experience and suggestions: We invite patients to share their positive or negative experiences and suggestions for improving care.
Their interaction with your admin team
- Information provided: We ask patients to rate their satisfaction with the information provided and the ease of accessing this information.
- Quality of the communication: Was the information communicated in an understandable and friendly manner?
- Pre-procedure interaction: Our survey asks patients about their experience in contacting us before their procedure.
- Payment process: Patients are asked about their satisfaction with how payment information was explained and the available payment options.
- Overall patient experience: What was their general impression of the service received?
- Team interaction: We ask how they perceived the Zento team members’ communication skills, their ability to answer questions, and their understanding of patients’ needs.
- Areas for Improvement: Crucially, we ask for suggestions on how we as a team – you, the anaesthetist, and us, Zento – can do even better in the future.
As you can see, when you work with Zento for your medical billing and practice management, you will receive feedback from your patients about our work as well as yours.
Instant access to vital data
The good news is, you get instant access to this data, whenever you need it. It’s part of our commitment to making your administrative processes as seamless and efficient as possible.
As you address your CPD requirements, remember that with Zento, you are not just completing tasks. You are gaining valuable insights, improving patient care, and propelling your practice towards excellence.
Anaesthetic private practice | Zento