Virtual medical practice management
What to expect when you engage a virtual practice manager?
Virtual practice management is an online service offering a behind-the-scenes team to help you run your private practice. Without being there in person, your virtual practice manager takes care of many tasks like monitoring your phones and emails,applying for and managing your provider numbers, registering you with private health funds, booking patients for clinics and theatre, and helping with your marketing.
Zento Virtual Practice Management
Besides handling day-to-day tasks, Zento’s virtual practice management services can help cut costs and boost productivity.
Responsibilities of a virtual practice manager
Tasks related to setting up a medical practice
- Setting up practice management system
- Setting up phone, email and fax infrastructure
- Obtaining domains for doctors
- Registering doctors with health funds
- Obtaining provider numbers
- Supporting doctors with hospital credentialing
Tasks related to running a practice smoothly
- Monitoring phones and emails during business hours (not just during clinic hours) and taking action when required (ex. Responding to patient and referrer enquiries)
- Booking patients in for clinics and theatre
- Booking anaesthetists and surgical assistants when required
- Managing the practice calendar
- Supporting doctors with marketing and practice development activities, including digital marketing, branding, print collateral and GP/ referral base building
- Monitoring referrer activity and providing recommendations
- Handling patient payments (including out of pocket) and Medicare rebates
- Issuing informed financial consent forms, prepare quotes and other information required for patients.
- Sending patient post-op surveys.
- Collecting pre-payments/pre-authorisation from patients
- Billing to Medicare, DVA, and private health funds
- Following up outstanding billing and resolving claim issues
- Sending reminders for outstanding patient accounts
- Circulating information and updates relating to billing, health funds and other matters important to doctors
- Preparing letters for referrers and patients
- Providing secure and confidential management of patient’s medical records
- Recruitment, training, and supervision of administrative staff
- Organising rosters for administrative staff to ensure continuity of support for your practice
- Generating financial reports: monthly, quarterly and annual, which you can send to your accountant for BAS preparation
Benefits of outsourcing practice management
So, why engage a virtual practice manager? Let’s unpack some of the top benefits.
- Reduced costs in tech, facilities and staffing,
- Boosted efficiency thanks to online tools that give your team instant access to the information they need,
- Continuity of service: we are online even if you are not – this way we can consistently support your practice regardless of time and location.
- More hours in your day
Discover all the benefits of virtual practice management, including outsourced medical billing.
Virtual administration services
Who can benefit from virtual practice management?
Zento Virtual Practice Management
Why choose Zento for virtual practice management?
Here’s what our doctors highlight when they share their experience with Zento’s virtual practice management services:
- Continuous support: No matter how often you consult as a doctor, Zento is always in the background. A dedicated medical secretary supports your practice during business hours. This means patients, hospitals and other third parties can reach you even outside clinic hours.
- Autonomy: As a private medical practitioner, you stay independent while Zento supports and runs your practice. It’s a full service so you can focus on your patients and on building your practice without the constraints of group rules or policies. Zento stands behind you, making sure your practice remains front and centre.
- Flexible cost based on income: Zento does not charge on a fixed hourly or sessional basis, rather a percentage of your monthly income. Zento only gets paid when the practice is paid.
- No lock-in contracts: Zento doesn’t bind you with fixed-term contracts.
- Expertise: Zento’s sole focus is private medical practice management. This focus ensures expertise. If you require services outside scope, Zento can connect you with a trusted provider of that service.
- Adaptable solutions: Zento caters to your practice’s specific needs. It’s not an off-the-shelf product.
- Compliance and confidentiality: To be compliant with relevant laws as a private medical practitioner can be a worry and Zento takes care of this whilst maintaining strict privacy agreements with all partners, staff and doctors.
Getting started with a Zento virtual practice manager
Our team is here to help you. Get in touch today.